Microsoft Dynamics CRM web client displays the “CRM for Outlook” alert message on the message bar by default when the user logs in.
There’s a way to disable this alert at a system level and below are the steps to disable this alert –
- Navigate to Microsoft Dynamics CRM > Settings > Administration
- Click on System Settings > Outlook tab
- You will find a section by name ‘Users see “Get CRM for Outlook” option displayed on the message bar. Set this option to ‘No’
- You don’t see this alert on the message bar anymore!
If you are using IE 10 or IE 11, you might encounter this error message when you click on a form or navigate away from the from.
This is an IE compatibility issue that Microsoft may rectify as part of a future update rollup (UR).
The workaround for this is described below –
- Navigate to Microsoft Dynamics CRM > Settings > Administration > Privacy Preferences
- On the Privacy Preferences Tab, select the option “ Specify the Web Application Error Notification preferences on behalf of users”
- Select the “Never send error report to Microsoft”
Wait!! That doesn’t resolve the problem if you are using IE 10 or IE 11.
Now, Click on ‘Compatibility View Settings’ on IE and add the CRM url to the compatibility view settings. No error anymore!